Understanding narratives is integral to good storytelling, they are bound by time and culture, and exist across social networks of all scales. An established narrative will underpin our systems and bring big, overarching ideas to life, giving meaning, reality and legitimacy to those ideas.
Here are some of our favourite resources to help shed more light on the power of narratives.
- We are living through a climate critical moment for narrative strategy. This curated list explains how stories can play a role in shifting global narratives during a time of crisis.
- We have allowed our political, national, economic and cultural narratives free play in the modern climate change debate. But where, in this shouting match, are the narratives from science itself?
- The 5 Elements of a Brilliant Sales Narrative – a dissection of the narrative elements behind the ‘greatest sales pitch’ Andy Ruskin has ever seen -
- This slide deck offers tips for using Twitter and Facebook to effectively move your narrative on social media. It is accompanied by a guide for creating digital action toolkits that you can use when working with allied organizations and individuals.
- Although this has a strong American focus, there are some real gems of insight illustrating how to use narrative as a powerful tool for social change.
If you have any other brilliant narrative insights to share, please do reply to this Topic and let the rest of the community know!